Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Isn't he handsome? ;)
I just wanted to wish all of my readers celebrating/observing the holiday a Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope everyone has a great day filled with love!

For those of you wondering who the picture is of, it's my boyfriend!  I thought I'd share with you, since the aim of this blog is to be life-oriented as well.  While the story of how we met is quite long and complicated, I will say that we've been together since 2009 and I couldn't be happier.

At the moment, our relationship is long distance, so we won't be able to be together today based on conflicting schedules.  We're not even really Valentine's Day people, I don't think, so it wasn't that big of a deal to either of us.  We're just happy spending time together in general!

We did have a bit of a Valentine's Day moment last weekend.  He brought delicious cupcakes over from Mr. Cupcakes--including Red Velvet!  To be honest, I really only had Red Velvet cake on two previous occasions, and since then, I was craving more and more.  Fortunately, after weeks of me begging him (note: "begging" is an understatement), he went on a hunt for Red Velvet cake for me.  Little did he know there was a little cupcake shop near his school!

This is what I got surprised with Friday evening.  Two Red Velvet cupcakes (Red Velvet with cream cheese icing), two Triple Chocolate cupcakes (chocolate cake with chocolate chips baked inside and dipped in chocolate ganache with chocolate chips on top), and two Birthday Cake cupcakes (yellow cake with buttercream icing and sprinkles).  Needless to say, I was quite spoiled that weekend!

But then again, he always spoils me with love, affection, caring, and understanding.  I'm thankful to have him in my life and I'm looking forward to all of the adventures we're going to have together in the future.

How are all of you spending Valentine's Day?  Normal day or something a little extra?  In any case, have a great holiday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger