Friday, May 20, 2011

Review: Rush Shine DBP Free Topcoat

The third quick dry topcoat that I will be reviewing is Rush Shine DBP Free Topcoat, completing (for now!) my series of reviews.  If you're interested in being Big 3 free and were thinking about some products, you might also be interested in checking out my review of Oh So Wet! and Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine.

Rush shine DBP Free Topcoat

What it is:
As described on the Sally Beauty website, this topcoat claims to be high gloss, quick drying, professional formula, and protective.  It is also DBP free and claims to promote healthy and long-growing nails.
My impression:
To be honest, I wasn't planning on even reviewing this product and only picked it up "on a whim" because it was right next to Oh So Wet!  But it was affordable and DBP free, so I figured it was worth a shot to review and share my experience.  The consistency of Rush Shine was a little on the thinner side, closely matching the consistency of Oh So Wet!  It was easy to work with, however, in my experience it didn't dry any faster than a regular topcoat.  Additionally, it was not as "high gloss" as I had hoped--in fact, I thought my polish looked a little flat.  In terms of chipping, I would say that my nails started chipping as soon as the next day or two--even with Orly Top 2 Bottom as a basecoat.  Because my manicure failed to last, I can't comment on whether or not the topcoat dulled the color or if I was able to achieve healthier, long-growing nails with its use.
My recommendation:
As I've said before, it's not often that I give a bad review on things.  I'm usually very generous and my reviews are usually positive--especially since I do some research before choosing to buy things.  I guess I should have did a little more research on this topcoat, as it did not impress me at all.  I would not recommend it in the slightest.  In fact, you're better off getting a "regular" (big 3 free!) topcoat, as it would probably dry in the same time and do a better job at protecting and providing shine.
The rundown:
  • Product:  1/5
  • Packaging:  5/5
  • Quality:  2/5
  • Overall:  2.7/5
  • Would I buy this again? - Not at all.
  • Where to buy?  - I bought mine at Sally Beauty Supply.
  • Price - $4.99
  • Pros:
    +  DBP free
    +  Affordable
  • Cons:
    -  Did not dry quickly
    -  Finish was a bit flat
    -  Nails chipped shortly after
I hope you enjoyed round three (and the final round, for now!) of my Big 3 free quick dry topcoat reviews.  Having experienced three different quick dry topcoats, I think that the best I have experienced thus far is Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine.

If you have any experience with this or know of any similar products I should try, please feel free to leave a question or comment below!

Disclaimer: I have not been paid to review the product featured above. I purchased all of the products reviewed in this blog post and did not receive them for free. I ensure that this is my true and honest opinion.

1 comments:

Red said...

I just bought this last week, I'm still experimenting around with it but I'm not too impressed by it either. My nail polish has been dry "to the touch" in about a minute or two with this top coat but after that it stays tacky for half an hour or so. I bought the big bottle too, instead of the little one. Go figure. For what it's worth I haven't noticed any dulling of colors yet, but I haven't tried it over various finishes yet either.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger