Friday, May 27, 2011

Review: Lush Breath of Fresh Air Skin Toner

While I'm not one of Lush's die-hard regular customers, there just seems to be something about Lush that draws me into buying their products.  Maybe it was the cheerfully persuasive sales woman.  Maybe it was the packaging or the pretty colors.  Maybe it was the natural, earthy smell.  Or...maybe I'm just too impulsive and too easily swayed to say no.  Whatever it was, I came in for some window shopping and walked out with Charity Pot hand lotion, Lemony Flutter cuticle cream, and this--Breath of Fresh Air skin toner.

Breath of Fresh Air Skin Toner

What it is:
According to the Lush website, Breath of Fresh Air skin toner brings all of the nutrients of the sea to your skin.  It is said to be beneficial for dry skin, especially while traveling by airplane or sitting in air-conditioned offices.  Among the ingredient list is Breath of Fresh Air's featured product, aloe vera gel.
My impression:
I used to use toner a few years ago and stopped, mostly because the alcohol made my skin dry out. I recently became interested in trying it again, however, though I wasn't exactly sure which product was for me.  When I asked for some advice, the woman at Lush recommended this to me, especially since it didn't have any alcohol.  After bringing it home, I was pretty pleased with the results.  It got off the last bits of makeup and cleanser that might have been left over from washing my face.  It also felt very lightweight and refreshing and I noticed my skin starting to take on a smoother, more even appearance after a couple weeks of use.  One of my favorite things about it is that a little goes a long way.  Just two spritzes on a cotton pad is enough for me to apply it to half my face.  The unique spray top ensures that the same amount is dispensed each time and not a lot of product goes to waste.  Because of this, I could easily see this bottle of toner lasting me several months, even with me using it morning and night.  It did smell a little earthy, quite possibly because of the rosemary oil, so if that smell is a turnoff for you, this might not be for you.
My recommendation:
All in all, I thought that it was a great toner.  I loved that there wasn't any alcohol in it and that it kept my skin relatively moist.  Additionally, I thought it was great that it featured natural ingredients.  I also liked that the spray top allowed for a way to dispense the product in a sanitary and controlled way.  My skin does look better than it did before I was using the toner.  However, I think that even though it would last a while, the price tag is a little hefty for it to be a "must have."  I would definitely recommend it, but I wouldn't consider it a necessity.
The rundown:

  • Product:  5/5
  • Packaging:  5/5
  • Quality:  5/5
  • Overall:  5/5
  • Would I buy it again?:  Yes, repurchase is very likely!
  • Where to buy:  Lush website or Lush stores
  • Price:  $8.95 for 3.3 fl oz. or $18.95 for 8.4 fl oz.
  • Pros:
    +  Does not include alcohol
    +  Non-drying
    +  Not greasy
    +  Lightweight
    +  A little goes a long way
    +  Natural ingredients
    +  Packaging allows controlled release of product
  • Cons:
    -  A little pricey
    -  Can smell a little funky to some
I hope you guys found these reviews helpful!  I'm looking forward to trying out more new things and sharing the stuff I've tried with all of you.  If you have any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Disclaimer: I have not been paid to review any of the products featured above. I purchased all of the products reviewed in this blog post and did not receive them for free. I ensure that this is my true and honest opinion.

1 comments:

Alina Rodriguez said...

Great review Hun! This toner sounds really great. I think that I should give it a try :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger