Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Review: Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine Topcoat

As many of you know, this review follows a series of posts stemming from my pursuit of nail products that are Big 3 Free.  Since the first product to go was Seche Vite, I decided to review other quick dry topcoat alternatives.  The first I reviewed was Oh So Wet!, a product that I enjoyed very much.  The next quick dry topcoat I'll be reviewing for my readers is Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine Topcoat.

Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine Topcoat

What it is:  
According to the website, Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine is the "ultimate" in quick dry topcoats.  It is meant to seal polish and nail art for wear and shine, ensuring that the color will last.  The formula also includes UV-protectors and claims to be non-yellowing, fast drying, high gloss finish, and chip resistant.  Best of all, it claims to be Big 3 free!
My Impression:  
In doing my research about which topcoats to try, I heard a lot of good things about this topcoat.  If memory serves me correctly, many users ranked this as their "holy grail" of topcoats.  Given the good reviews, I decided to give this a try.  In comparison to Seche Vite, the formulation is thinner, but in comparison to Oh So Wet!, the formulation is thicker.  To me, the consistency was perfect since it didn't glob up and I felt that it would really give the coverage and protection every girl (or guy!) seeks from a topcoat.  From my recollection, it didn't take all too long to dry--just a few minutes and it felt dry to the touch.  I would say it took about the same length of time as Seche Vite took to dry completely.  While the finish wasn't as smooth as Seche Vite, it was already much smoother and definitely more glossy than Oh So Wet!  However, I did notice that after a few days, it did seem to dull some colors a bit--especially the milky pinks that I wear to work.  This wasn't that big of an issue for me, as I frequently change nail colors.  But for those of you interested in longevity, I will confirm that there was very minimal (if any!) chipping involved, though I also started using Orly Top 2 Bottom as my base coat.
My recommendation:
While I think that Oh So Wet! was a good product, I think that I am much more partial to Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine.  It's a little more expensive, but I felt that it dried faster, had a better consistency, and provided better protection.  Though it behaves differently than Seche Vite, I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an effective quick dry topcoat that does not contain the toxic trio.
The rundown:
  • Product:  4/5
  • Packaging: 5/5
  • Quality: 5/5
  • Overall:  4.8/5
  • Would I buy this again? - Absolutely!
  • Where to purchase?  -  At the moment, I'm not aware of any retail outlets selling this.  I purchased mine from the Nubar website.
  • Price:  $7.49 on the website
  • Pros:
    +  Big 3 Free!
    +  Manageable consistency
    +  Dries quickly
    +  Glossy finish
    +  Protective
  • Cons:
    -  Dulls the color of some polishes
I hope you enjoyed round two of my Big 3 free quick dry topcoat reviews.  If you have any experience with this or know of any similar products I should try, please feel free to leave a question or comment below!

Disclaimer: I have not been paid to review the product featured above. I purchased all of the products reviewed in this blog post and did not receive them for free. I ensure that this is my true and honest opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger