Thursday, January 7, 2010

Review - PICKerr UPerr

I feel as though I've used this enough times to write a decent review on it (well, I should hope so, anyway!). Some of you might remember this from my last haul post made a few weeks ago. The product that I will be reviewing is the PICKerr UPerr. Hopefully this will appeal to all you nail fanatics out there!

What it is:
The PICKerr UPerr is described on the Sally Beauty website as a double-sided wand used for picking up large and small rhinestones. The smaller end is used for smaller rhinestones while the larger end is used for larger rhinestones. The tips of the ends are made out of silicone, which allows for not only easy pickup, but also easy depositing. The tips do not need to be wet.

My Impression:
When I first saw this in the store, I will definitely say that I was a little bit skeptical about whether or not the product would work. I couldn't quite comprehend how something could easily grab onto something, but just as easily let go of it. I figured that I would give it a try since I was already there, I had plenty of rhinestones, and it was pink (my favorite color!). I have used it for two nail designs thus far (I made sure that I put plenty of rhinestones on the first time I used it!) and found it to be agreeable.

It definitely was able to pick up the rhinestones and let go of them just as easily. I can't really explain how it works--it just does! The only downside is that when I was using it, I couldn't just dip the PICKerr UPerr into the container and come out with a rhinestone. Rather, I had to lay the stones on a flat surface, like the table, for it to effectively be able to pick it up. Though the pickup required a little more work than I had anticipated, the dropoff was perfect--allowing me to precisely lay it down where I wanted. The rhinestone adhered perfectly to the desired area!

My Recommendation:
I definitely think that this is a handy tool to have. It keeps you from having to buy toothpicks all of the time, plus you can just keep this one handy tool in your nail kit or what have you. The big and small sides are definitely a plus because I know that there are a ton of different sized rhinestones. I wouldn't quite consider it a "must have," since it could be substituted with toothpicks or even the tweezers (I had no idea about the toothpicks back then, haha) I was using way back when...but I think that if you are looking to splurge on a little something extra or are looking to give someone that loves nails a small present, this would certainly be an option!

The Rundown:

  • Product: 4/5
  • Packaging: N/A
  • Quality: 5/5
  • Overall: 4.5/5
  • Would I buy it again?: Should the other one break, yes!
  • Where to buy: There are places online that sell them, but I purchased mine from Sally Beauty.
  • Price: $4.49 online / $3.99 with Beauty Club Card
  • Pros:
    + Sanitary
    + Two ends for different sized rhinestones
    + Releases easily and allows for precision
    + It's PINK!!!
  • Cons:
    - The stones need to be on a flat surface for it to effectively pick up stuff
I hope that this review was helpful to you!!!


Disclaimer: I have not been paid to review the PICKerr UPerr. I purchased all of the products reviewed in this blog post and did not receive them for free. I ensure that this is my true and honest opinion.

4 comments:

Red said...

Hmmm... I'm totally fine with using toothpicks but I might have to give this a try now that I know you like it. =)

Alina said...

I would love to try this :) But unfortunately, there is no Sallys near me...boo :(

Alina said...

I forgot to mention...check out my blog because I tagged you for another blogger award hehehe :)

Mellie said...

@ Red - Oh, it's pretty fun. :) Not to mention that it's pink, haha. I love pink things!

@ Alina - Aww! I think they accept orders online, if you do that. I'm also thinking about having a contest/giveaway when I hit 50 subbies or in the springtime. :) Thanks again for the tagging! :D

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger